[lbo-talk] employment

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 6 10:01:39 PDT 2003

His points on measuring white-collar service-sector productivity are valid, but they have little impact on the measurement of productivity for the economy as a whole. Almost all of final demand is made up of goods and non-white-collar services. Errors in overestimating white-collar service-sector productivity shift the locus of value added from the assembly line floor and the shipping warehouse to the office tower, but it's hard for me at least to see how it can distort the economy-wide productivity figures by much...

Brad DeLong