[lbo-talk] Re: employment

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Sep 7 12:18:56 PDT 2003

Doug writes:

"I think the miraculous aspect of the recession and its aftermath has largely been people working longer hours without them getting accounted for. The hours worked input to the productivity stats measures hours paid for, not hours put in on the job. Which is a great deal for employers, but it's really not what we're hoping for when we talk about productivity improvements."

I have twice the responsibilities I had three years ago -- but my pay hasn't budged. Oh, wait. Last year I got a 2% raise. Whopee! Most people I know are in the same situation.

Joanna