[lbo-talk] Re: Globalization popular

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Sep 7 23:10:49 PDT 2003

Doug writes:

"Besides, the findings are seconded by the repeated electoral failures of protectionist parties and candidates. I'm more convinced than ever that this whole "globalization" issue is badly misspecified. It's a good thing too, because I've got a book coming out with a long chapter making that argument."

I'm leery of polls, but I can see why "globalization" might be popular: the natural resources that are being sold for peanuts never belonged to the grunts anyway; it may be another way of saying "modernization" (Chuck's idea); also, in the third world, it may also be a synonym for higher employment.

Joanna