[lbo-talk] Schmidt on Adorno

Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com
Mon Sep 8 13:10:50 PDT 2003

Adorno himself spoke on the radio on political and social topics. Some of these are collected in the volume _Critical Models_, translated by Henry Pickford.

He may have inveighed against the term "engaged intellectual," (probably because it stank of commitment for its own sake) but he certainly wasn't the simon pure ivory tower mandarin he's made out to be.

Curtiss

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 3:52 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] Schmidt on Adorno

[wow German radio is pretty different from U.S. radio - Pacifica wouldn't do anything like this]

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:20:21 +0300 (EEST) From: j laari <jlaari at cc.jyu.fi> To: <frankfurt-school at lists.village.virginia.edu> Subject: [FRA:] Schmidt on Adorno

Greetings

Couple of minutes ago ended a radio program on Adorno, "Zum 100. Geburtstag von Theodor W. Adorno. Karin Beindorff im Gespraech mit Prof. Alfred Schmidt." It was on Deutschlandfunk. The program is a 45-minute long discussion, and quite interesting, to say the least.

I didn't had time to write about it earlier. However, I have a MP3 file of it (ca. 15.5 megabytes) which I uploaded on the directory where my homepage files are. WWW directories are open ones, I've understood, so interested parties can copy the file from <http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~jlaari/Adorno.mp3>. I'll make a link to the file, if you can't copy or listen the file.

Sincerely, Jukka L