[lbo-talk] terrorism? forget about it

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 09:06:10 PDT 2003

Ulhas wrote (with regard to Indian actions against terrorism):

The basic quarrel is about the very idea of a secular and democratic India and its existence.

Ulhas can you develop this idea further or point us to references that do so?

My impression of the situation in India, as regards terrorism and its intersection with politics, is this:

Although there are Islamic extremists and Hindu extremists and a long running dispute with Pakistan over the fate of Kashmir these indisputable facts are being used (perhaps even maipulated to some extent) by Prime Minister Vajpayee's government to justify a host of questionable economic and military activities.

Do you believe my impression to be wholly wrong?

DRM