[lbo-talk] Michael Ledeen vs. Ron Paul

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Wed Sep 10 17:27:35 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Hilarious. What a wuss. "Ronnie said all those nasty
> things about me and I can't sue him!"

Does macho bombast require some sense of persecution? It's a pet theory I toy with, but belligerent assholes often seem to have a tremendous amount self-pity, even a belief that they're martyrs of some sort. My evidence is anecdotal, but consider these examples: David Horowitz & Bill O'Reilly, with his "fair and balanced" lawsuit.

Oh, and the big one: Michael "Savage" Weiner. Listening to him, you'd think he could barely go on air for fear of Red Diaper Doper Babies trying to pick him off with a sniper's nest outside his studio window.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!