[lbo-talk] Randians: Kill--Don't Expel--Arafat

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Sep 12 09:13:38 PDT 2003

Brian Siano wrote:
> That's what I love about the Libertarians. They're
> all for keeping the State out of people's "private
> lives," but an awful lot of them are really fond of
> giving the State the authority over life and death.

They fit the old Gary Wills quote about those who distrust the government in delivering the mail, but trust it to properly execute citizens.

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Enemies of freedom must be killed! See, liberty is
> the natural state of Man, and only obstacles prevent
> its flowering. So if the obstacles are removed then
> freedom can bloom! That's what Hellfire missiles are
> for.

Daniel Davies had a great post on Libertarians at crookedtimber.org:

Cor Baby, That's Really Free! by Daniel Davies

http://www.crookedtimber.org/archives/000224.html

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!