[lbo-talk] Learning to be stupid

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Sep 12 11:44:08 PDT 2003

Doesn't surprise me. As an ex-philosophy teacher, I am, on the contrary, very surprised when any member of the general educated public shows any knowledge of philosophy.

Either they are young, and thus were educated after philosophy ceased to be considered a necessary part of education, or they are old, and forgot whatever they learned in their philosophy courses.

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 09:34 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> An anamoly I thought. Somehow she got through a
> private school system and into an ivy without being
> told about Plato.
>
> Later, I met her friends and learned she wasn't alone.
>

> What else, I wondered, do these folks not know?

jcj