[lbo-talk] Re: Randians

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 06:25:05 PDT 2003

> >Why do people go to zoos?
>
> I really don't know. They depress the hell out of me. I didn't even like
them as a kid. I guess I empathize with anything in a cage...except, perhaps, a snake. I think I took each of my kids to the zoo once. That's two trips total.

> Joanna

That old Mencken chesnut -- always in season.

I agree with Joanna about zoos. I find them terribly depressing, and the spectacle of people gawking at caged (drugged?) animules (Spike Milligan's fine malapropism) seems to me low-level barbarism.

'Course, if you put Objectivists in cages, I might revise my opinion. "Look son, there's a Randus Dorkus! This breed is especially hostile to the minimum wage."

DP