[lbo-talk] Cancun Talks End in Failure

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 16:29:30 PDT 2003

> Eubulides wrote:
>
> >It was, but is no more.
>
> Seattle fell apart too, and not just because of folks in the streets.

Um, duh. There's far far more to collective action than people in the streets, no? :-)

> >Who defined the standard view of the WTO anyway?
>
> Lori Wallach, the IFG, William Greider, etc.

Very a-processual views; a comparative statics of institutions if you will. I don't think those two have had too much of an influence on many activists views, esp. on the left coast. Hell, I couldn't even make it through the first 10 pages of Lori's book. At least I finished John Jackson's tome!