[lbo-talk] Cancun Talks End in Failure

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 18:59:00 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwayne Monroe" <idoru345 at yahoo.com>

> I have been searching (in vain so far) for good
> analyses of the WTO's role that are unburdened by well
> meaning but overheated NGO/activist dramatics on one
> side and Wall Street Journal style boosterism on the
> other.
>
> Anyone have some suggestions for reading?
>

> DRM

"The World Trading System: Law and Politics of International Economic Relations" by John Jackson [MIT Press]

"The Regulation of International Trade [2nd Edition]" by Michael Trebilcock and Robert Howse [Routledge Press]

"Fundamentals of US Foreign Trade Policy: Economics, Politics, Laws and Issues" by Stephen Cohen, Joel Paul and Robert Blecker [Westview Press]

"Private Authority and International Affairs" ed. by A Claire Cutler, Virginia Haufler and Tony Porter [SUNY Press]

"Private Power, Public Law: The Globalization of Intellectual Property Rights" by Susan K Sell [Cambridge Univ. Press]

"The Legal Texts: The Results of the Uruguay Round of the Multilateral Trade Negotiations" [Cambridge Univ. Press]

Ian