[lbo-talk] USA 2003

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Sep 15 11:58:52 PDT 2003

Jon Johanning wrote:

> Doesn't sound much like Germany in 1932, does it?

Perhaps not this week, given the recent turn of events against Bush, but six months ago a good case could be made that neofascism is on the rise.

Given the outright criticism that is appearing in the mainstream press this month, there is reason for optimism.

Still, for those of us activists in the trenches, it can still look alot like neofascism. Look at the situation with Sherman Austin. The no-fly lists. Police harassment of activists.

I'm more optimistic this week than I have been all year.

Chuck0