[lbo-talk] Re:preferences

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Sep 16 15:10:27 PDT 2003

Doug wrote:

"So you prefer living in caves and dying at 30? I hate to be so reductionist and binarist and all, but it's kind of hard to figure out what you're for, Chuck."

I don't want to live in a cave and die at 30. But I do think it is possible for us to make intelligent and thoughtful choices about the kinds of lives we want to live and I am certain that part of the "human burden" is to provide responsible stewardship for this human earth. We cannot do this if we leave decisions about what techology we use and how we use it to the market.

Joanna