[lbo-talk] preferences

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Sep 16 15:45:36 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> So you prefer living in caves and dying at 30? I hate to be so
> reductionist and binarist and all, but it's kind of hard to figure out
> what you're for, Chuck.

I'm for a world without capitalism, where people have more control over their lives, which means being able to make decisions about how they live. I see anarchism as being the venue to achieve this vision. I think that the nature of that world would dictate that the American way of life would not be feasible for anybody. Many of the things we take for granted in our current world would not be possible, simply because it would be extremely hard to make people to give up their freedoms to maintain a high tech, advanced industrial society.

Chuck0