[lbo-talk] After The Anarcho-Green-Revo, Would These Guys Be Ostracized?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Sep 17 09:40:16 PDT 2003

Brian Siano wrote:

> In other words, technological creativity and curiosity will be
> unsupported, actively ignored, and pretty much discouraged in this
> particular vision of utopia.

No, this isn't what I said. Creativity and curiousity would be encouraged, in fact, more people would have the free time to devote themselves to these pursuits. But the level of technology and infrastructure will depend on how all of this activity ads up. But not everybody is going to want to participate, which means that some things may just not exist.

Modern industrial capitalism relies on a global system of work and exploitation. This is something whcih should be uncontroversial on this list. It relies on the fact that billions of people have to do things they don't like to do to make things possible for the middle class and the rich. Not everybody can be a leftist professor. There are many people around the world who have to be exploited and work shitty jobs to provide everything a tyical leftist professor takes for granted. So what happens if we have a revolution and suddenly everybody has freedom and control over their lives? How is the leftist professor going to get the green table grapes that she takes for granted each day?

Chuck0