[lbo-talk] More on cookies

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Sep 18 14:28:13 PDT 2003

...make them fall in love with language. Joanna

------------

Chicken in the car and the car won't go... Spells Chicago. From Soloman, 89, picks up our carboard.

Some rhymes from my shop buddy Joe who had four daughters:

3 6 9, the goose drank wine, and the monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line.

The line went broke, the monkey got choked, they all went to heaven in little row boat..

and that's that, and that's that.

24 robbers

Last night or was it the night before 24 robbers came knocking on my door.

As one came in, I hit him in the head with a rollin pin, As another came in... (he forgot the rest since it goes on for twenty-four verses)

Mary Mack

Mary Mack dressed in black silver buttons down her back,

I know Tippy Toe She broke the needle cause she can't sew... (forgot the rest)

According to Joe, there's a children's book store on Lake Shore and Grand near Gold's Gym, next to a casket store. They might have some of these.

And of course there is Langston Huges who plays with all these in his poetry.

Chuck Grimes