[lbo-talk] Taibbi on Dean

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Sep 18 20:57:56 PDT 2003

Dean-a-Palooza A Front-Runner Takes to the Skies by Matt Taibbi

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20031006&s=taibbi

[....]

Everywhere you go, the buzz is unmistakable: Dean is the new liberal Elvis.

But right now, I'm not thinking about Elvis. I'm thinking about Crazy Eddie. That's because Dean at this very moment is standing apart from the crowd of reporters in front of the nose of the plane, doing what appeared to be his best impersonation of the famously manic New York home-electronics salesman. He's posing in front of campaign photographer John Pettitt, making a series of grotesque contortions--pointing variously at the camera and off to the side, making a rapid-fire series of painful-looking grins, puffing out his chest, giving an energetic dual thumbs-up.

"Check that out," I say to the other reporters in line. "I don't want to sell anything--I'm just CRAZZEEE!"

[....]

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!