[lbo-talk] IMF warns the US

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Sep 19 10:14:07 PDT 2003

From: "Eubulides" <

IMF warns trade gap could bring down dollar

Charlotte Denny and Larry Elliott Friday September 19, 2003 The Guardian

--clip-

"If we were looking at a poor developing country, the world gives them just enough rope to hang themselves. A country like the United States, they give them enough rope to tie the noose around their neck several times. But it does happen in the end," he said. ^^^^ CB: Things turn into their opposite. Lenin said the capitalists will sell us the rope with which we hang them. Now instead the world will sell the U.S. the rope with which its capitalists hang us ?