[lbo-talk] US papers ignore Bush admission

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 13:08:37 PDT 2003

I too have noticed this. I also noticed the out right lying of Cheney during one of his rare Sunday morning news shows appreances -something that has not been pursued in the main stream press. He even, in his Doctor Strangelove way, lamented that 70% Americans believe that there was a Al-Q-Saddam connection. Strange, I watched the Bushies push that line in media ever since the "axis of evil" phrase was coined.

The reason I am writing this to just say "welcome to my world". In Russia, if you are interested in politics and how the regime functions, you learn to pick out who is paid off to write what for whom The "news" itself is of little importance. Information generation by whom is what is of interest. But what I find interesting is the fact that those interested on politics here know this. This is why the vast majority of Russian stay outside of the political realm - they know there is manipulation thus giving every reason to stay outside the world of politics. Americans seem to be different - they very much want to believe in authority. Russians understand political reality relatively well, Americans simply seem to want it wish political reality away.

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: Editor & Publisher Online - September 19, 2003

Bush 9/11 Admission Gets Little Play Story Doesn't Make Many Front Pages