[lbo-talk] Taibbi on Gaidar and Iraq

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 20 05:59:22 PDT 2003

From: Chris Doss

> I do have to disagree with Taibbi on one point... Very little of the
Russian
> economy is in foreign hands. That's the one bonus of an oligarchic
system --
> they screw foreigners, not the other way around.

Chris, a bonus for whom other than the oligarchs ? IMO, national bourgeoisies (in this case a proto-bourgeoisie) are far more efficient in screwing workers than either compradors or imperial capital.

I have to say as well, that I find Taibbi's comparison of the early Bolsheviks to arseholes like Chubais and Gaidar so grotesque that it's hilarious.