[lbo-talk] Financing the Empire (was IMF warns the US)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 20 09:02:35 PDT 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>You and Jim Devine criticized United for Peace and Justice
>literature about "War and Globalization" that came out of the UFPJ
>"Global Justice" working group -- the criticism that I share. If
>you were asked to draft a 2-page flyer (or 8-page leaflet) on
>"Financing the Empire" to educate anti-war/anti-occupation
>activists, what would it look like?

Oh yes, forgot to include the point in the articles you forwarded: how much the Bush version of empire is leading to huge deficits, which further risk domestic programs, and expose the U.S. to any change of heart by foreign investors. Far from "protecting" us, Bush is putting us at greater risk of terrorist attack, greater risk of fiscal ruin, and greater risk of some kind of funding/dollar crisis.

Doug