[lbo-talk] No Evidence ...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 20 10:56:00 PDT 2003

Sergio -- Please post in plain text. I couldn't quote your post within a reply so I had to do the sloppy pasting below. There is no real contradiction between your post and "pepor's" post. An antiwar "atmosphere" is merely the _potential_ for protest, not itself protest. Oxygen in the atmosphere is a potential for fire, but to say there is oxygen around does not mean that there is a fire.

Or as Mao said (at a more general level), If You Don't Hit It, It Won't Fall. If no one organizes protests, anti-war feelings remain invisible.

Carrol