[lbo-talk] offshoring

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 20 12:02:24 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> michael wrote:
>
>> This report does not acknowledge the effect of contracting out abroad,
>> which is
>> part of offshoring.
>

> Here's the full text. They try to capture some of this through service
> imports.
>
> Doug

Outsourcing and moving jobs out of the country is a big topic of conversation out here in Kansas City. I even talked to a neighbor today who brought it up in a conversation about the economy. Sprint is a big employer around here and the recent announcements about their outsourcing has been big news around here.

You gotta wonder if this will be an election issue.

Chuck0