[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Devine, James jdevine at lmu.edu
Sun Sep 21 08:48:30 PDT 2003

At 8:01 AM -0700 9/21/03, Dwayne Monroe wrote:
>In the name of Hermes Trismegistus, who on this list has 'linked
>arms' with "pro-Ba'athist groups"?
>
>This is the most primitive type of flamebaiting - making an entirely
>outrageous assertion as the basis for a debate ("...well sir, how do
>you defend your support for stabbing babies?")
>
>Surely you can form a less blog-esque argument; one that takes your
>opponents' actual arguments into account without bloody caricature?

I've found that those who go in for bloody caricature typically don't know anything except dogma and thus _can't_ respond in a serious way to those who disagree with them. I don't know if DP fits this or not. Jim D. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 3662 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20030921/5976884d/attachment.bin>