[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 21 09:26:45 PDT 2003

Not that I've dipped into her but, Joanna Macy, is reputed to be a , "socially engaged, "Buddhist writer, a term she takes from Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Buddhist who achieved some recognition in the 60's, no?

http://www.joannamacy.net/html/books.html

Tricycle Review is a good Buddhist magazine. Runs interviews with Gary Snyder, Ginsberg when he was alive. http://www.tricycle.com/p_home.html http://www.tricycle.com/p_articles_id_27.html On Practice: Driving Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh Driving Meditation Tibetan Meditation Instructions by His Holiness the Dalai Lama Tibetan Meditation Only New Age writer, btw, I've ever read (well, Stanislov Grof, is he New Age?) with any depth (cites to Habermas, for example http://www.google.com/search?q=Ken+Wilber+Habermas ) is Ken Wilber. http://wilber.shambhala.com/html/misc/habermas/index.cfm/

On the Nature of a Post-Metaphysical Spirituality Response to Habermas and Weis by Ken Wilber.

-- Michael Pugliese