[lbo-talk] Reactionary Platitudes (Was Re: Marx, Brenner, Technology )

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 14:23:56 PDT 2003

> "Radical upheavals," however, are not the same as
> armed insurrection. It would be a radical upheaval to
> take the power and wealth away from the ruling class
> and vest in the dsmocratic control of the workers,
> however we did it. Moreover, doiung it will require a
> lot of unconventioanl politics, rather than straight
> electoral campaigning, because there is no party that
> would advocate that, and even creating such a party
> would involve a radical upheaval.

> For radical upheaval,
>
> jks

Forgive my bourgeois liberalism, but what about keeping "radical upheaval" on Constitutional grounds, and call for a new Constitutional Convention? It's a Jeffersonian conceit, granted, but one that has yet to be tried. And then we can see how well those who favor Chinese or Soviet political models do in an open forum.

DP