[lbo-talk] Reactionary Platitudes (Was Re: Marx, Brenner, Technology )

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 15:57:33 PDT 2003

jks:

> Get over the Cold War, Dennis, the Stalinists are not
> serious contenders for anything.

I never count anyone out, regardless of faith. At one time one could say that Nazis are not serious contenders, but they've stuck around, right?

In any event, I was tossing a Milk Bone to those on this list who look to China or the old SU for inspiration.

> I'm a bourgeois liberal myself, but one who remembers
> that we too have a revolutionary tradition -- 1776,
> 1789, 1848 -- indeed, closer to home, 1863-77.

Indeed "we" do, one that has outlived some of the bulkier forms of revolt.

DP