[lbo-talk] Reactionary Platitudes (Was Re: Marx, Brenner, Technology )

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 23:12:49 PDT 2003

orgive my bourgeois liberalism, but what about keeping "radical upheaval" on Constitutional grounds, and call for a new Constitutional Convention? It's a Jeffersonian conceit, granted, but one that has yet to be tried. And then we can see how well those who favor Chinese or Soviet political models do in an open forum.

DP ---

The post-Stalin USSR was an OK place to live. I'm not advocating it as a "model" by any means, but it wasn't a wretched hellhole and, in any case, its character was probably inevitable given historical circumstances. Peasant absolutisms do not become liberal democracies. I have no knowledge and no opinion about China.

_________________________________________________________________ Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com