[lbo-talk] dalai lama foolishness/naomi WOLF not Klein

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 22 14:07:29 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:18:02 -0400, Liza Featherstone <lfeather32 at erols.com> wrote:

> [just catching up, sorry if a lot of this has already been said]
>
> Yeah, I keep hoping some queer groups will show up and protest the Dalai
> Lama as they would any Western anti-gay religious leader. It doesn't seem
> likely though, somehow!

Somewhere in my boxes of sectariana, I have a leaflet by a local gay lefty on the Dalai Lama and homophobia (A Minority Of One, [allusion to 60's left-liberal newsletter], w/o affilation to such queer radical groups as Gay Shame or LAGAI, (Lesbian and Gay Insurrection http://home.mindspring.com/~katrap/LAGAI/LAGAIhome.html , which has links to, http://www.prisonactivist.org/ooc/ which is remnants of PFOC, the aboveground support group for the Weather Underground )

On this issue, looking over the URL's I sent, http://www.google.com/search?q=Buddhism+Homosexuality presents contradictory evidence, on which, I'll be more than happy to accept BriaN Dauth, Queer Buddhist Resister guidance on.

-- Michael Pugliese