[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 14:28:15 PDT 2003

> Dennis, one can attend a demo organized by ANSWER, as I and hudreds
> of thousands of others have, without supporting them as an
> organization or anything in their agenda.
>
> Doug

True. It's a personal choice. But I cannot see anyone with decent politics attending a "Bring the Troops Home" rally organized by those who were friendly with Saddam. Bush may not care about Iraqis, but neither does ANSWER, and to continue giving them a bigger stage than they deserve hurts the antiwar left, as well as undercuts the rather complicated task of just what is to be done in the wake of Bush's invasion.

DP