[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:35:31 PDT 2003

Last post.

Moral purity has nothing to do with it (though there are personal ethics to consider). ANSWER and its various manifestations (love Yoshie's cry about "WWP-baiting" -- lefties can be such fucking wimps; give me the Old School CP) are lovers of overseas tyrannies (like Saddam's) and backers of mass murder and repression.

--- Yeah, but to what extent is this really true? (I am speaking from a position of utter ignorance -- I don't know the US left well.) I thought that their position was more of a lesser-of-two-evilsism, according to which US imperialism is the overriding threat in the world today, and that therefore anybody who opposes it, no matter how wretched, is to be defended, no?

_________________________________________________________________ Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com