[lbo-talk] Parecon Discussion...

Miike Quenling Ellis flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 15:03:49 PDT 2003

--- Michael Albert <sysop at ZMAG.ORG> wrote:

> Lots of people seem to think art is a very special case -- I don't.

it might be the other way around. i just think artists should be compensated in the same manner (not the same amount, neccesarily) as other intellectual work.

> I think it pays greatly to get a grip on the broad features of parecon
> before worrying about art ...because art seems to often bring baggage
> that complicates perceptions.
>
> I guess what I am saying is, are there any concerns about the basics =
>
> Perhaps the values solidarity, equity, diversity, or self management --
>
> Or the key institutions...

ok

> Workers and consumers councils and federations of councils
> Remuenration for effort and sacrifice
> Choosing decision making tally methods and communication methods to
> propel self management
> Balanced job complexes
> Participatory planning...

so the way i understand it prices of things are determined by negotiations between worker and consumer councils? if so, why are consumer councils neccesary? that is if i understood correctly.

~M.E.