[lbo-talk] Jeffrey Sachs: "Bush's Billions Will Only Prolong Iraq's Suffering"

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 24 10:40:11 PDT 2003

>Devine, James wrote:
>
>>It must be early-onset Alzheimer's but I sometimes confuse Sachs
>>with Lawrence Summers.
>
>They do not like each other at all, and never have. Sachs got famous
>first, making Summers jealous; then Summers got even more famous
>than Sachs, making Sachs jealous. They both have egos the size of
>Jupiter.
>
>Doug

You forgot that Paul Krugman is also in the mix. There were three young bearded extremely aggressive economists competing for the title of chief enfant terrible wunderkind in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the 1980s.

Brad DeLong