[lbo-talk] Parecon entrepreneurialism?

boddhisatva boddhisatva at netzero.net
Wed Sep 24 14:55:02 PDT 2003

C. Kelley,

You answered a question I didn't ask. You are talking about incentive on the factory floor. I believe that most people try and do a good job most of the time, usually despite the organizational scheme they work under. I think human beings are natural problem-solvers.

I also know that groups of well-meaning humans get into conflict all the time. Many if not most humans are also resistant to change.

I asked what "compels" people to meet the demands of parecon consumers' councils because there is a basic assumption in parecon that the decisions of consumption councils are adequate to provide the impetus for creating new businesses. New businesses are often necessary to come in with a new perspective (with which existing producers may disagree) and take the risk of solving a problem in a new way. I don't see much reason that this should happen under parecon.

peace,

boddi