[lbo-talk] Parecon Discussion...

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 24 18:26:12 PDT 2003

I want to thank Michael Albert for taking the time to respond to my questions and concerns about parecon. While I did find his arguments about a the lack of need for a coordinator CLASS convincing (with slight reservations) I still remain unconvinced that remuneration for effort is preferable to severing the bond between work and pay. Unless you find coercion preferable to true freedom. I do not feel that people need to be coerced to work especially in an economic system such as parecon.

John Thornton