[lbo-talk] Religion & Body Counts

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Sep 25 07:09:26 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 05:10 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Is your implication that Marx was not an oddball to you ?

Well, he had his odd quirks, as don't we all. But his economic/political writings seem eminently sane to me, and often quite brilliant (though also frequently very wrong-headed, but who's perfect?). It's too bad that the Marxist movement after his death took off in directions that he perhaps would not have approved of.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax