[lbo-talk] FW: Edward Said passed away yesterday

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 11:58:35 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/25/2003 11:49:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com writes:

> >But at least before he died he got to see his
> >dearest wish: the
> >destruction of the Oslo Peace Process.
>
> How is it that you are received in polite society?

Okay, so I missed the beginning of this little banter, and possibly some accompanying subtlety, humor or irony!

Check the Nation archives around the time of Oslo. Said wrote at least one long blunt article about how monstrously unfair, one-sided and lacking in mileposts for achievable results the Oslo agreements were. I think it's totaly possible to wish the demise of a bad agreement without wishing continuation of unbounded hostilities.

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030925/e5838d90/attachment.htm>