[lbo-talk] Re: Buddhist-Nazi Connection

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:07:22 PDT 2003

BklynMagus wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> Alexander Nekvasil wrote:
>
> > I don't know much, neither, but I do know that Tibetan buddhism was
> a big inspiration for the SS (which saw itself as an order, of course.)

It is unfortunate that the Nazis got dragged into the discussion. I did not, incidentally, say that I didn't know much about Tibet; I said I didn't know much about Chinese conduct in Tibet after 1955. I _do_ know something about pre-'liberation' Tibet, and as I said, probably Mussolini, Pinochet, Franco, or Genghis Khan would have been improvements over the victious rule that the monasteries had conducted over a 1000 years.

Carrol