[lbo-talk] FW: Edward Said passed away yesterday

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 13:22:28 PDT 2003

> Would that he had used his powers for good rather than for evil...
>

> Brad DeLong

Oh, you mean he *shouldn't* have been one of the leading Arab critics of Arab state corruption and Islamic nihilism? He *shouldn't* have denounced corruption in the PLO and the PA? He *shouldn't* have denounced suicide/homicide bombings? He *shouldn't* have called for a secular democratic state for both Arabs and Jews? Or was it his principled resistance to Israeli aggression and expansionism that made him so evil in your book?

You're a twisted piece of shit, DeLong. And if I were you, I wouldn't pose in public:

<http://econ161.berkeley.edu/Career/pictures.html>

Get a treadmill.

DP