[lbo-talk] FW: Edward Said passed away yesterday

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 14:22:24 PDT 2003

> > But also blame Edward Said, who was smart enough
> to know that it is
> > rare that there is such a thing as a good war or a
> bad peace, and yet
> > all his life chose to yell with those wanting war.
> >

> > Brad DeLong

Brad, after serving the Clitonites, who bombed the only pharma factory in Sudan, who went to war in the Balkans after setting up the explosion at Dayton, who refused to pull the plug on the Israeli warmongering that led us where we are, you dare insult the memory of Said -- just now dead -- who all his life opposed terrorism and stood for the rights of dispossessed? You are without shame. Youa re also without honor or decency to do thsi at the present time. And you betray taht you cannot read his writings or understand them in what you say. You are beneath contempt, Brad, crawl under some rock where you can contemplate the evil done by the policies you have defended, and leave alone the memory of a man better than you in every respect, smarter, wiser, more cultivated, more scholarly, more principled, more decent, more humane. He would not shamed himself by misrepresenting your legacy, such as it is, in the circumstances. Go, shameless one. Cover your head and hold your tongue. jks