[lbo-talk] MS chat-rooms shuttered

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Sep 26 07:42:38 PDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 at 10:15am Devine, James forwarded:

> The open nature of the web, its unpredictable and
> uncontrollable proliferation of ideas and open source
> software was anathema to the world's leading operating
> systems company. But like all previous obstacles,
> Microsoft embraced the challenge and crushed the Netscape
> opposition to produce a democratic way of accessing the
> web which only the technocracy abhorred.

i don't know what she is talking about here, but i suspect it is simply a matter of her not knowing what she is talking about. how did MSFT crushing the Netscape produce a "democratic way of accessing the web which only the technocracy abhorred"? this is utter nonsense.

btw, i suppose i am a member of the 'technocracy' and i am a MSFT hater, but i also use Internet Exploder rether than NutScrape because I think it is a better browser.

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"