[lbo-talk] re: Dali Lama and Iraq Invasion

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Sep 26 11:10:40 PDT 2003

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 10:49 PM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> Yet, I wonder, does his tepid statements for peace come close to those
> of Martin Luther King the 3rd or Archbishop Gumbleton?

Let's face it; the DL is not too politically astute outside the Tibet-China area (and some would say, within it either). Unfortunately, we can't expect all the world's religious leaders to be fighters on our side.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax