[lbo-talk] Treadmill

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 11:40:31 PDT 2003

> >I should apologize to one and all ... and buy a treadmill.
> >
> >Brad DeLong
>
> Hurry. Arterial fat deposits are constricting the flow of blood to your
> brain.
>
> Carl

Okay -- I should apologize for even bringing up Brad's weight yesterday. He pissed me off, so I started swinging the bar stool.

But I was wrong.

It does civilized discourse no favors to say something like, "Brad's clothes are made from the finest circus tents."

Nor is intelligent debate nourished by the observation, "Brad recently purchased twin burial plots -- for himself."

Or even, "Brad's farts are picked up and tracked by weather satellites."

Or, "If Brad were to choke on a piece of food (always a danger), the Heimlich Maneuver would soon become the Heimlich Marathon."

So, I'm not gonna go that route.

Again, apologies.

DP