[lbo-talk] Societal

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Sep 26 12:00:59 PDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 at 7:08pm joanna bujes wrote:

> Value, as I see it, represents a tool -- a method of
> abstraction -- for cutting through the fetishized fog, to
> reveal the societal nature of capitalism as a whole. (It's
> a tool of _sociological_ analysis.)

If we are to continue using the rather blecherous neologism 'societal' instead of the perfectly serviceable 'social', should not the above named discipline then be ca;;ed _societology_ ? just wondering...

(yes former baddies, this rant has been done before, but now lefties are doing it and it really bugs me.)

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"