[lbo-talk] Times on Said

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Sep 26 13:35:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 at 3:29pm Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> The European media are much more open about their partisan
> points of view and affiliations. Openly revealing one's
> point of view does not contradict good journalistic
> practices. Au contraire - it is more honest and conducive
> to objective information than false pretences to
> nonpartisanship.

that is the one reason i find reading the Economist not as painful as reading Time; the E is right out there in front with its pro-capitalist biases whereas T pretends to be 'neutral'.

oh, speaking of the spawn of luce, earlier this week I had a couple of hours to kill in an airport and i picked up a copy of T with Johnny Cash on the cover. well the article was about as thin and pathetic an excuse for journalism as one would expect considering the source, but they actaully had the balls to quote Tim McGraw(!) thoughts on Cash and then refer to him and Faith Hill as the latter day Johnny & June! give me a fucking break... i didn't think even Time could be that insipid.

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"