[lbo-talk] Re: Your letter to Amy Goodman

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sat Sep 27 07:04:37 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: boddhisatva <boddhisatva at netzero.net> Date: Saturday, September 27, 2003 1:22 am Subject: Your letter to Amy Goodman

> C. Philion,
>
> Your letter was stupid.

--what a convincing start. already i have egg on my face!

> The criticisms you put forward were well
> off the
> mark and without merit.

---really? so a non-violence advocate stating the Korean war was justified...interesting...

> There's no "gotcha" here.

--who said anything about gotcha to begin with.

> Everybody knows
> why the
> Dalai Lama shades the international issues as he does. He says it
> ourightin the interview. Obviously, the Dalai Lama has to act both
> as a spiritual
> leader and as a diplomat. Moreover, he has to be diplomatic,

--really? he *has to be* diplomatic? he just has no choice, eh? good argument there boddhi.

> primarily, with
> two of the most war-like powers in the world - India and the United
> States.Without India's patience with illegal Tibetan immigrants,
> the movement to
> free Tibet is atomized.

--ah yes, thus DL's support for Indian nuke development....the price of having to be a nonviolent diplomat...

> Without American pressure, China won't
> change its
> policies.

--America's only interest in Tibet is to use it as an issue to pressure China to open up more markets to foreign investors...

> So what do you want him to do, slap George Bush in the
> face?

--I thought I made that clear enough...walking in an antiwar protest wouldn't hurt since it'd give the anti-war movement even more pubicity...desmond tutu is up to the task...nelson mandela... However, you seem to miss the person the letter is addressed to, namely Amy Goodman, who sees herself as a left journalist, yet worships at the feet of a man who is on great terms with Shrub, US intelligence agencies, etc....and whose positions on war are hardly progressive...

> Don't be ridiculous.

as you begin your defense of goodman's worship of his holiness the Bush administration's favorite pacifist with a reasonable statement, so you end with one too...

> peace,

yes, peace and bomb bomb bomb bomb till there are not more targets left...eh?

steve