[lbo-talk] Guardian UK: Iraqi Resistance Enjoys Popular Support

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Sat Sep 27 20:35:11 PDT 2003

Dwayne Monroe writes:

>Yesterday I listened to an NPR story about the
>troubles some recently returned US soldiers are
>experiencing readjusting to life away from combat.
>"We had to treat people over there like animals
>because that's all they understand after being under a
>dictatorship", one soldier said. "We had to snatch
>them up and point a 50 cal to make a point. It's hard
>not to do that back home."

A Vietnam vet friend says that it was a damn good thing when he came back after two tours he was still in the military for a year because he thinks he would've ended up killing someone if he'd been dumped immediately back into civilian life. Of course, a lot of these folks _are_ civilians back home, all the nat'l guard folks that go back to their regular jobs as, uh, cops... if we didn't think what is going around will come around...

Jenny Brown