[lbo-talk] Re: Israel's right to exist.

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Sep 28 11:27:46 PDT 2003

Brad asks where the people of Israel should go?

As Justin remarked, you don't raise this question about the people of Palestine...75% of whom had to go somewhere.....

....I would support the U.S. offering citizenship to any Israeli citizen who wished to leave Palestine. The usual 4 billion/year the U.S. gives Israel could be used to repatriate Israelis wishing to come to the U.S. and to pay some reparations to the Palestinians. All Israeli "settlements" should be given to the Palestinians. If there were Israelis who wished to remain in Palestine (other than in the settlements), they should be able to remain, enjoying the same political and economic rights as the Palestinian citizens of Palestine.

(By the way, in case anyone wonders, my father was Jewish (now dead) and all his family currently lives in Israel.)

Joanna