[lbo-talk] political gossip

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 28 16:56:06 PDT 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:10:50 -0400, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> NYC hospital workers union president and political heavyweight Dennis
> Rivera held a fundraiser for Howard Dean the other night.
>
> Doug

He started in the Young Lords Party, PR rad leftists. (A certain Jerry Rivers aka Geraldo Rivera hung out on their periphery long ago). Is it true Rivera endorsed Pataki last race? What about the Working Families Party?

Today at the Palestine/anti-war rally (about 7.000 I'd say) no Howard Deaniaks, in contrast w/ the Gay Pride Parade, where there were hundreds of 'em. Tons of Kucinich supporters. Lotsa Trots and every other M-L group, as well as Solidarity and the anarchist groups for me to kibbitz with, but, given Thomas seay had his 21 month old girl with us, I tried not to get too totally into debates over the Morenoites vs. the Posadists with the sectarians.

One woman had to tell Thomas that the leashlike cord that Thomas had his little girl attached to was a fascist imfringement on her freedom to run around...into the street and get hit by a car we both thought. -- Michael Pugliese, who me, sectarian?