[lbo-talk] Re: Israel's right to exist.

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Sep 28 19:08:19 PDT 2003

On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> This all seems hopelessly optimistic at the moment though. A bloodbath
> still seems the most likely outcome to me.

To me as well. All of this discussion of possible schemes for solving the Israel/Palestine problem is very interesting, but in fact, it seems to me, the situation is completely hopeless.

This is a conflict that has been going on for over a century, and over half a century since the establishment of Israel. If they can keep it up that long, they can go on forever.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt